The overall objective of the action is to contribute to human development and gender equality through the diffusion of audiovisual products tackling social issues in the Southern Mediterranean region. The project aims to increase the diffusion, the access and the debate around social-sensitive audiovisual products, improving networking among civil society organisations (CSOs) and film industry stakeholders.
Countries covered: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia (Libya is targeted from the Action for several activities, depending on the security situation).
The specific objectives are:
- To increase the production, the diffusion and the accessibility of audiovisual productions promoting social and gender issues.
- To improve exchange and network between CSOs and film industry actors.
Actions in brief
The Action is articulated into 3 main activities:
- A research on audience development opportunities in each target country and the design of suitable strategies to better mainstream gender equality through audio-visual productions
- The financial support to third parties (Sub-grant scheme) - 12 projects targeting audience development are financed and supported
- Network development among stakeholders and beneficiaries with the aim to improve the overall awareness on gender issues
The following outcomes are expected:
- Suitable strategies exist and are adopted to develop audience of films promoting gender equality
- Sub-granted projects are widening audience and access to gender and social sensitive films
- Awareness on gender issues is improved and stakeholders’ initiatives are networked
The sub-grant scheme represents the main instrument used to achieve foreseen Action’s objectives and reach target groups.
Implementing partners: Gruppo di Volontariato Civile (GVC), Cooperazione per lo Sviluppo dei Paesi Emergenti (COSPE), Arab NGO Network for Development (ANND), MENA Media Monitoring (MMM), International Association of Independent Producers of the Mediterranean (APIMED), University of Bologna (Cinema Department – DAMS)