The project supports the activities of EuroMeSCo, the main network of research institutes and think tanks on politics and security in the EuroMediterranean region. The network comprises 106 institutes from 32 countries in the Euro-Mediterranean area, fosters joint research and debate on the key issues on the region´s agenda, and promotes relations and mutual trust between its members as well as with policy makers. Through its publications, dialogues and outreach activities, it is playing a key role in terms of confidence building, policy shaping and capacity building of its members.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and EU countries.
- To foster joint research initiatives and promote dialogue between the EuroMeSCo members and researchers on key political trends and challenges in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- To boost the political research capacities and the influence of think tanks and research institutes;
- To disseminate and promote the results of the research through a wide range of publications, conferences, workshops, local presentations, newsletters and website, with the aim to contribute to policy shaping.
Actions in brief
The project is structured around three main lines of activities:
- Research activities, including publication of joint policy studies, papers and policy briefs and recommendations on the current developments in the Euro-Mediterranean region
- Dialogue activities, including organisation of dialogue workshops at regional/sub-regional level and of annual multi-stakeholder conferences on key political and security issues of the Euro-Mediterranean region
- Dissemination activities, including dynamisation of the network website and social media channels, production of monthly newsletter addressed to target groups and organisation of presentations of the results of the action at the local level in order to raise awareness of key political issues of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
Complementary actions promoted by the IEMed are being conducted in the context of EuroMeSCo in order to address some important aspects observed while implementing the project. These aim for instance at increasing the policy footprint of the network, at stimulating the participation of young EuroMediterranean researchers and at boosting the mobility of the researchers in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
Implementing partner: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed), Spain