Promotes mutual respect and in-depth knowledge among the societies of the Euro-Mediterranean region, by bringing people together to work on common projects in the fields of education, media, culture and youth participation.
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, Mauritania, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Monaco, in addition to all 28 EU Member States, making a total of 42 countries of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM).
The main objectives of the ALF centre on:
- promoting intercultural awareness, knowledge and competences amongst the Euro-Mediterranean societies;
- tackling intolerance and stereotypes through the promotion of debates, public outreach and local initiatives;
- building the capacity of civil society organisations to partner in exchanges and trans-Mediterranean collaborations;
- working with decision-makers and media to reinforce cultural relations at the heart of the Mediterranean dialogue agenda.
Actions in brief
- Conducts comparative analyses of the evolution of perceptions, values and behaviours in the region.
- Produces a report on Intercultural Dialogue and disseminates among ALF members.
- Organises seminars and education training in intercultural dialogue; organises the Euromed Journalist Award, and a translation programme: acts as observatory of translation in the region.
- Launches a Call for project grants – long term, short term and thematic.
- Organises the Anna Lindh Forum.
- Coordinates 43 networks and gathers together over 3,000 member organisations.
- Organises common actions for its networks, provides training and tools to improve their quality and impact, promotes network participation in Foundation activities, and offers services such as fundraising support, partnership matching, contact meetings, etc. to make national networks more effective.