The project fosters the active participation of young people in society and their employability, by developing youth leadership and entrepreneurship through a variety of actions, including capacity building, fellowships, support to policy dialogue, as well as providing grants to organisations active in these areas.
Countries covered: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
The objectives of the EU4Youth programme are to:
- increase the employability and participation of young people in society and the economy;
- support them to become active citizens and entrepreneurs, and to develop skills;
- enable youth organisations to participate in the policy dialogue and to cooperate with public and private bodies and institutions, bringing together relevant authorities with other key stakeholders;
- support disadvantaged youth and women.
EU4Youth has three components:
Component 1: Capacity building – Eastern Partnership Youth Window – Erasmus+ projects
- Civil society fellowships for youth - Capacity building projects supporting youth organisations to become active participants in policy-development and policy making. Selected young leaders (the 'Fellows') take part in mobility activities and work in the EU
- Partnerships for entrepreneurship - Capacity building projects promoting entrepreneurship education and social entrepreneurship among young people. These transnational projects are based on multilateral partnerships between organisations. The involvement of the private sector and educational institutions is particularly important.
Component 2: Grant scheme – focus on disadvantaged youth and youth entrepreneurship
- Increase educational and training opportunities and improve employment perspectives for vulnerable and disadvantaged young people
- Capacity building projects addressing educational and training opportunities for youth, with dedicated activities for disadvantaged youth, access to finance, employability, accessibility to labour markets
- Support creative young people to bring their entrepreneurial ideas to maturity
- Support leaders in the education field, who offer quality education to young people, including those from the most disadvantaged families and areas
- Focus on economic sectors with higher appeal to youth – i.e. innovation & IT, creative industries, green economy, and social entrepreneurship
Component 3: Coordination
Ensure coordination among the EU4Youth components, and support monitoring and visibility for the entire programme.