The EU's flagship programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe and beyond, providing opportunities for young people to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad.
Countries covered: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine can all participate in higher education, youth and eTwinning activities under Erasmus+
Four actions are offered to students and universities from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine:
- International Credit Mobility supporting student exchanges between 3 and 12 months, as well as short-term staff exchanges; exchanges can be both from partner countries to the EU and vice versa.
- International Degree Mobility providing scholarships to excellent students through Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees offered by consortia of EU (and sometimes non-EU) universities.
- Capacity Building Projects to support the modernisation of higher education.
- Jean Monnet Actions to promote excellence in teaching and research in the field of EU studies worldwide (Modules, Chairs, Centres of Excellence), to foster dialogue between the academic world and policy-makers (Networks, Projects) and to support institutions that enhance teacher and training activities.
Young people, youth workers, and youth policy-makers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine are eligible to take part in:
- Learning Mobility of Individuals – exchange projects for young people and youth workers, consisting of:
- 'Youth Exchanges', in which groups of young people from different countries work together on relevant topics;
- 'European Voluntary Service', which allows young people either individually or in groups to express their personal commitment through unpaid and full-time voluntary service in another country in fields such as culture, social care, civil protection or environment;
- 'Mobility of youth workers', which enhances the professional development of youth workers through seminars, trainings, job shadowing and other exchange opportunities.
- Support for policy reform facilitates meetings between young people and decision makers in the field of youth, fostering active participation in democratic life.
- Capacity Building in the field of youth – projects funded under the ‘Eastern Partnership Youth Window’, a component of a broader EU4Youth initiative to support Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine in fostering the active participation of young people in society and economy through:
- Civil society fellowships for youth – involvement of young leaders in policy making and projects;
- Partnerships for Entrepreneurship with a focus on entrepreneurship education and social entrepreneurship.
In the field of school education, eTwinning Plus offers a platform for staff (teachers, head teachers, librarians, etc.), working in schools in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, through which they can communicate, collaborate, and develop projects with other schools across Europe.
National Erasmus+ Offices: