he EU Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI), implemented by Danida, is seeking a candidate for the position of Anti-Corruption Prevention Expert. Working under the supervision of Senior Anti-Corruption Adviser and the Head of the Programme. The selected candidate will work with the team, the NACP, the Verkhovna Rada Anti-Corruption Committee, and selected local authorities (Integrity cities) providing general support to the programme.
You are expected to be an outstanding team player, who is ready to contribute to the program that will be in its inception phase and then moving into a challenging programmatic phase with extensive activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the coordination of work under the programme "EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine" under the Project Implementation Unit in the area of corruption prevention;
- Work in close cooperation with the international Senior Ant-Corruption Advisor and provide advice on the Ukrainian anti-corruption policies, laws and regulations, as well as facilitate and assist EUACI’s work with the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP), Verkhovna Rada’s Anti-Corruption Committee and the local authorities with regard to corruption prevention;
- With guidance from the supervisor and in collaboration with the Danida team, provide support in the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors for the needed support, as well as in the creation of Terms of Reference, and support in processing of contracts;
- Assist other team members and international short-term and long-term experts with regard to Ukrainian anti-corruption policy, rules and legislation in the Anti-Corruption Prevention Expert’s field of competence;
- Work in close co-operation with CSOs and media in helping to establish Integrity Cities in Ukraine;
- Provide methodological assistance and facilitate building a corruption prevention structures in seletected Integrity Cities under the supervision of the Head of Administration.
- Represent EUACI – as directed by the Head of the Programme - in program events, meetings with donors, UN agencies, and other implementing organizations , meetings with beneficiaries and assist in program activities within the Anti-Corruption Prevention Expert field of competence;
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all reporting information, reports and documentation to the EUACI Office as directed by the Head of Administration;
- Prepare and closely review procurement documents in conjunction with the team members to ensure they comply with Danida policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations regarding programme procurements as required under this position;
- Undertake any other tasks as required by the supervisor, Head of the Programme and Head of Administration.
- University degree in law, social sciences or related field is required;
- 7-10 years of professional experience in the field of rule of law and/or anti-curruption activities;
- Experience of working with governmental agencies and/or international organizations active in the field of rule of law and/or anti-corruption will be an asset;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills,
- A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement change;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with others on the team;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English is required;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Deadline for applications: 24 March 2017.
Starting date: 24 April 2017.
Please submit your job application with a complete CV in English to Marie Pedersen Haug at email@example.com.