The project supports the sustainable development of civil aviation in the five Eastern Partnership and four Central Asian countries. It aims at upgrading regulations and working practices to reach compliance with international standards in air safety and security and, for the Eastern Partnership countries, with the requirements of the Common Aviation Area Agreements (CAAA) being negotiated or signed with the EU.
Countries covered: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, as well as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
- For Eastern Partnership countries, to ensure their effective participation in the pan-European civil aviation system;
- For Central Asian countries, to support civil aviation authorities in fulfilling international obligations in terms of air safety and security.
While the project focuses mainly on safety, it also includes a €500,000 security component, which aims to achieve compliance with international aviation security standards in the field of air cargo and mail.
Actions in brief
- Training, peer-to-peer and on-the-spot support, as well as awareness raising;
- Dedicated initiatives on safety management and civil aviation administration management;
- Support to addressing safety findings raised by international audits;
- Support for the implementation of existing comprehensive aviation agreements, paving the way towards a Common Aviation Area;
- Support for the harmonisation of regulations and working practices with international safety and security standards.
- Workshops, mentoring and training activities on cargo and mail security
- Aviation security audits and on-site evaluations on cargo and mail security
The project builds on the EU-funded regional project ‘TRACECA - Civil aviation II” (2012-2015)Print pdf