The programme works to improve energy data quality and collection and the development of energy efficiency indicators. This work also feeds into assisting evidence-based energy policy and decision-making across the Eastern Partnership and Central Asian beneficiary countries in the areas of energy security, energy markets and sustainable development.
Countries covered: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, as well as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
Building on the success of the long running INOGATE Programme, EU4Energy aims to:
- Improve energy data capabilities
- Enhance data collection and monitoring
- Contribute to improved evidence-based energy policy design
- Provide technical assistance for legislative and regulatory frameworks and key energy infrastructure investments
Actions in brief
The EU4Energy Programme comprises the following five components:
- EU4Energy Data: enhancing energy data management and use in policy design.
- EU4Energy Policy: fostering energy policy dialogue and knowledge sharing on a wide range of topics related to energy security, sustainable development and markets.
- EU4Energy Governance: providing technical assistance to Eastern Partnership countries in the legislative and regulatory areas, implementation of policy recommendations and investment in key strategic energy infrastructure projects.
- EU4Energy Web Portal: hosting an interactive web portal that will act as a global hub of information on beneficiary countries, including energy data, energy infrastructure, policy developments and investment projects.
EU4Energy Communication & Visibility: enhancing visibility and communication between the EU and beneficiary countries on EU-funded regional and bilateral cooperation in the field of energy.